Dr. David Jones has done the One Day Detox Without Anesthesia procedure since 2000 on patients in his addiction practice only. Now that the web is used more these days, he has chosen to make this medical detox treatment available to more patients.
The patient must be on a short acting opioid (i.e. heroin, oxycodone, hydrocodone). If on Suboxone, he/she must be down to 2 mg total daily dose.
Stepped Rapid Detoxification is safer than other methods that use anesthesia.
THE PATIENT WILL REMAIN AWAKE AND COMMUNICATIVE WITH THE DOCTOR.
Opioid Dependency Questions
In the past 12 months:
- Have you used drugs other than those needed for medical reasons?
- Do you misuse more than one drug at a time?
- Are you always able to stop using drugs?
- Have you ever had blackouts or flashbacks as a result of drug use?
- Do you ever feel bad or guilty about your drug use?
- Does your family ever complain about your involvement with drugs?
- Have you neglected your family because of your use of drugs?
- Have you engaged in illegal activities in order to obtain drugs?
- Have you ever experienced withdrawal symptoms when you stopped taking drugs?
- Have you had medical problems as a result of your drug use?
You can use your answers to start a conversation with our staff about drug dependence.